- 1 cup condensed milk
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup mashed potato
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
- Combine all yema ingredients and cook until mixture is thick.
- Set aside to cool.
- When cool, roll into balls about 1 inch in diameter.
- In a saucepan, blend sugar, water and cream of tartar.
- Bring to a boil until syrup is caramel-colored.
- Stick a toothpick into each yema ball, then dip in the syrup.
- Let cool on the greased baking pans, then wrap in colored cellophane.