Chicken Pochero Filipino StyleIngredients:
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 kg chicken, cut into serving portions
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pieces 11g MAGGI Chicken Broth Cube
- 2 ears sweet corn, cut into 2 inch- pieces
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, quartered
- 1 medium carrot, peeled & sliced into 1/4 inch- rounds
- 100 g chicharo or Baguio beans
- 2 jalapeño chilies
- spring onions or chives chopped
1. Heat cooking oil and sauté garlic, onions and tomatoes.
2. Add chicken, seasonings to taste, MAGGI Chicken Broth Cubes and 4 cups water.
3. Bring to boil; lower heat and add corn. Simmer for 15 minutes, then add potatoes and carrot.
4. Continue simmering until cooked, adding beans and chilies last.
5. Sprinkle top with spring onions just before serving.