Filipino Style Meatloaf - Embotido
How to make Embotido
Measuring cups and spoons
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1/2 cup fi nely chopped carrots
- 1 cup (6 slices) fi nely chopped (sweet or cooked) ham
- 3 tbsp. minced green bell pepper
- 3 tbsp. minced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 3 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- A dash of liquid seasoning
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- Slices (wedges) of hard boiled egg
- Slices (wedges) of Vienna sausage
- Aluminum foil, 10-inches-by-12-inches sizes
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a bowl, combine all the food
ingredients and mix until well
3. Divide the mixture into
portions, depending on how many
you want to make.
4. Spread and fl atten the mixture
onto the center of each aluminum
5. Evenly divide the slices of hardboiled
eggs and sausages so that each mixture gets an equal share.
Place the slices at the center of each
6. Carefully roll the aluminum
foil into a tightly packed log about
1 inch to 2 inches in diameter,
sealing on both ends.
7. Place the wrapped embutido in
a steamer and steam for an hour.
8. Let cool and slice it into rings
9. Freeze unused logs.