Sagot at Gulaman na Masarap
Sago't gulaman is very refreshing, especially in the summer time. It is very popular in the Philippines. We can find them in every corner of the street. To attract the thirsty costumers they mix it with some food coloring. It is serve in the restaurant with a tall glass. It can be taken as a beverage after meal or as a desert.
Image by marjmallow0528
- 3 Cups of sugar
- 3 Cups of water
- 1 Cup of cooked gulaman
- 1 Cup of cubed gulaman
- Crushed ice
Image by syunga-syunga
- Caramelize sugar in a saucepan.
- Pour in the water when it melted.
- Continue cooking until the sugar is completely dissolved. Cool completely
- Add some of the cooled arnibal or syrup to the sago to sweeten it.
- Put some Sago't gulaman in a glass.
- Add enough arnibal to sweeten.
- Filed with ice or add cold water.
Note: To cook the sago.
Boil water in a saucepan. Add in uncooked sago. Stir to prevent sticking. Cook until transparent. Drain and rinse